stopped using wikipedia because of chatgtp

Engage in off-topic discussions covering a wide range of miscellaneous topics unrelated to generative AI and emerging technologies. Explore hobbies, interests, and random musings with fellow community members in this relaxed and informal space.
Hetty

stopped using wikipedia because of chatgtp

Post by Hetty »

Since i started using chatgpt i fully stopped visiting wikipedia, what are the pros and cons of that? Are there others here who have experienced the same?
SpaceTime

Re: stopped using wikipedia because of chatgtp

Post by SpaceTime »

I can identify with your post, I reduced my use of Wikipedia to almost zero since I started using chatbots such as ChatGtp. Using ChatGPT instead of Wikipedia does have its pros and cons, I have put them together for your below:

Pros:

Interactive Experience: ChatGPT provides a conversational interface, making information gathering more engaging.

Personalized Responses: It can tailor responses to specific queries and follow-up questions.
Convenience: Quick and easy access to information without navigating through multiple pages.

Cons:

Depth of Information: Wikipedia often provides more comprehensive coverage on topics.
Accuracy: ChatGPT may not always have the most up-to-date information compared to Wikipedia’s frequently updated content.

Nuanced Understanding: ChatGPT might struggle with complex or nuanced topics that Wikipedia articles can elaborate on in detail.

I personally think that it would be better for me to read more in depth information, although getting short responses from ChatGTP can really boost productivity (I frequently got distracted reading wikipedia for hourse, jumping from one subject into the other). Ultimately, it depends on your needs and preferences for information consumption. Hope this helps.